Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing #11 Award Winning Applications and Ning

While exploring the site/tool, Web 2.0 Awards, I selected Books as a topic that I liked and found useful. For one, lulu allows the community to select the best selling books, thus exposing readers to the latest. Biblio.com provides book representatives with a list of books that are out of print. This is an important tool to have especially when purchasing titles that are still popular and in high demand, yet accessible. Then, Vufind, is a significant tool for cataloging. Librarians will find this to be of great use, and they can digitally locate the software for cataloging/processing. I can see myself using all three tools during book selection and book acquisition. This is a step up to the digital world and upgrading our libraries.

http://griseldaslibrarycorner.ning.com
This is my social networking tool via Ning
Please visit!

I enjoyed the Travel IQ Test, this is great for our Social Studies Department! It definately challenged me to Level 2. I need a refresher on geography!:(

No comments:

Post a Comment